Top Interventionists in Arizona
Getting an addict to accept help is one of the hardest parts of the recovery process. A person must be willing to go through the challenges that come along with rehab, and sometimes they need that initial push to get them to understand the severity of their condition. Families and close friends sometimes opt for an intervention, which has been defined as “an action taken to intentionally become involved in a difficult situation in order to improve it or prevent it from getting worse”. This is exactly the case when it comes to addiction.
Planning a successful intervention may seem like a simple thing to do and it is even portrayed as an easy feat in television shows and movies. All you have to do is gather together a bunch of friends and family in a room and proceed to confront the addict, right?
Wrong! The reality of holding an intervention is much harsher and more challenging than meets the eye. Oftentimes, things do not go as planned despite a family trying to stage the “perfect” intervention. This happens more often than not when done without the inclusion and guidance of a trained interventionist professional. The key is to plan an intervention carefully, make note of know what can go wrong, and try to avoid those negative happenings.
With that being said, it is highly advised that you hire a professional interventionist to assist the process rather than trying to hold one yourself. When a subject as touchy as addiction is brought to light by people who have no true say in how treatment should be pursued, addicts can feel attacked or as though they’ve been set-up. Below is a list of our preferred local interventionists/therapists here in Arizona, should you need to hire one for a friend or loved one.
As a certified interventionist, Carey’s focus lies helping people that care about someone struggling with an addiction to be less resistant to facing their problems. He does this through the intervention process, which he has studied thoroughly and received training in all models. Carey and his team are able to travel nationwide to assist families in getting their loved one help, and over 90% of his interventions have resulted in getting treatment.
Below are his intervention tactics, as described by Carey himself:
- The ARISE Intervention Model involves family members in a collaborative intervention process that reduces guilt and blame and allows the family, interventionist, and dependent person to stay focused on helping the addict get into treatment.
- The JOHNSON Intervention Model raises the bottom for an addict, by compassionately confronting the addict with the consequences of their addiction. The bottom is raised by precipitating a crisis in the addict’s life that is not threatening, damaging, or fatal and compels them into treatment.
- The SYSTEMIC Intervention Model as an alternative to traditional confrontational intervention models because family, friends, and colleagues form a team to work with the dependent person and address the issues in a loving and respectful manner. It is a successful system precisely because the focus is on patient, but firm, coaching instead of negative confrontation.
Julian Pickens currently provides interventionist services in Tempe, Arizona. He particularly caters to those struggling with substance abuse, addiction, and dependence of any kind. Below is a testimonial from his website:
“Our family is whole again thanks to Dr. Julian Pickens and ISA – Intervention and Recovery Specialists. Julian brought us hope and loving guidance in handling the family intervention for our son Kevin, who had struggled for a decade with alcohol and cocaine abuse. Julian gave us the strength and the tools that lead to a successful intervention and within an hour we were in the car taking our son to an out-of-state rehabilitation center. The center was one that Julian recommended and knew was the right one to work with our son’s addictions. Most importantly, Julian presented a loving, fatherly attitude that gave Kevin the confidence to trust what was being asked of him. Kevin’s life is on a new path and he is happy and loving sobriety. Julian, from the bottom of our hearts we thank you and may God Bless your work and those who will be touched by your gifts.”
Bobbe McGinley focuses on helping adults, whether they be drug addicts or alcoholics, or their families seeking interventionist assistance. She also work with couples and families, and uses her counseling skills as needed. Her credentials include MA, MBA, LISAC, NCGC II, and CADAC.
In addition, Arizona Addiction Recovery Center also offers a comprehensive invention process that covers and considers the following:
- Logistics and coordination
- Guiding each family member, friend, colleague, etc.
- Travel arrangements for treatment
- Back-up plans and contingencies
- Background into the patient’s drug usage
- Arrangements for any potential need for medical detoxification
- Overall health and safety of everyone involved
For more information on our services, visit our website or give us a call. We have all of the tools to help get your family and/or friends back on the right track, and they’re here to be utilized. Let’s make for a better tomorrow, today.